Your health is a big deal. We all know that right. We also all know that as we age, there may come a time when we might require a little help with our health. However small or large the amount of support your health situation demands, it needs to be professional support. We are not talking about health care, which is something different. What we are talking about is home health which entails support for your health by a health professional to ensure your health condition and health issues are dealt with by an expert in their field.
The range of services home health offers includes, but is not limited to:
- Skilled nursing
- Speech therapy
- Medical Social Worker (MSW)
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Registered dietitian
- Respiratory therapy
- A medical social worker
- A home health Aide
How do you find the help you need and at a price you can afford? Often a question asked by many requiring skilled services of a home health professional. This is where a home health agency comes in. A home health agency coordinates all of the home health professional services. Most insurances are accepted, such as Medicare, HMO, and private insurances, which usually cover 100% of the cost.
What Is A Home Health Agency
With a referral from a doctor, a home health agency sends professional and licensed health services to your home to address your particular issue with your health. A home health agency employs experts in their field who are licensed and accredited with their professional organizations. All the high-quality nursing, rehabilitation and supportive services a home health agency offers are all at a lower cost to your insurance company, and at the comfort of your home. Sounds too good to be true! However, not all home health agencies are the same. Let’s take a look at how to choose the best one for you.
How To Choose The Right Home Health Agency
As with everything with your health, it is only natural to want to thoroughly check out a service before you entrust someone with your health. To begin with, you can find and compare a home health agency on Medicare’s Home Health Compare tool.
Be sure to check that the home health agency is registered with all the necessary governing bodies, has state licenses, certification by Medicare and accreditation by professional organizations. Once you have the legal questions covered it might be a good idea to get to know how the agency works.
Ascertain how the agency employs, checks, pays, coordinates and trains their team of professionals. Ask exactly how they provide superior care to each of their patients. Maybe the agency might be able to give you some feedback from previous patients. Home health agencies are your trusted friends. You are entitled to ask these questions to satisfy yourself before you use their services.
Benefits Of Having Home Health Services For Patients
You may have been discharged from a hospital, require skilled nursing, need continued or therapy or a complex chemotherapy program. The range of high quality, safe, and cost-effective nursing, rehabilitation and supportive services offered by a health care agency are endless.
Some of the benefits of having home health service include:
- Variety of skilled rehabilitation services, nursing care, and personal care
- Remain at home during recuperation from illness, accident, surgery, or disability.
- Intermittent, 24 hours a day, seven days a week availability
- Coordinated help provided in a comprehensive way, combined with other services when appropriate.
- Your rights respected and protected
- Safe and cost-effective nursing, rehabilitation and supportive service
- Home health care services regardless of your age, religion, sex, nationality, social status, or disability.
- Cost effective alternative to hospitalization
- Planning and service coordination with hospital staff, physicians, and services in the community to ease your transition from hospital to your home
- Accountability for care, treatment and services by monitoring and evaluating performance outcomes and a continuous quality improvement program.
Guardian Angel Home Health Agency is a state-licensed and 4-star Medicare-certified Home Health Agency that provides home care services on the intermittent basis 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Be in touch if you require our services.